The Friends Burial Ground, on the rise to the east of Lake Pohatcong, is located on the grounds of the Friends Meeting House which is visible from Route 9 to the rear of a row of stores. It is the oldest Tuckerton Cemetery, dating back to the early part of the 1700's.
Tuckerton was settled in 1699 by Quakers, the original meetinghouse was established in 1703. The current meeting house was built in 1863.
The South Jersey Quakers have created a timeline dating back to 1658 ! Quakers Friends have contributed to the growth and development of many communities, which often spoke to the injustices of the era.